The path to meditation, a simple guide to inner-stillness
Thursday 18th March - Thursday 22nd April£79
Every Thursday, 18th March – 22nd April 2021 at 6:30 to 7:45 pm (six weekly 75-minute masterclasses)
Limited spaces available
Cost: Online: £79.00
This early Spring, Laurent is offering a well-structured and easy to understand 6-week meditation course. It is an excellent opportunity to experience a broad range of techniques derived from the Tantric and Classical Yogic teachings and more recent and contemporary methods.
The course’s goal is to experience, explore, and understand the deeper meaning of those meditative techniques in a step-by-step manner to allow the meditator to develop, enrich, and support a no-fuss, straightforward and simple meditation practice.
Laurent will create and hold a safe space with guided meditations, experiments, and discussions during the weekly session. Each student will be supported and guided on their journey. The course has a very down to earth and practical approach, to inspire and facilitate all levels of meditators, whether that is beginner, a yoga teacher or an advanced practitioner.
What are the main topics of the course?
- What is meditation? The tantric and yogic origins.
- Why meditate? The science, the benefits and its role in our daily life.
- A practical A to Z of preparing and getting ready for meditation: the body and the posture – breath awareness.
- Learning how to internalise and the withdrawal from our senses and external disturbances.
- Exploring and learning about different levels of consciousness: concentration, awareness and the state of Nidra.
- Get to know the tools: breath awareness, concentration, deep meditation & deep relaxation techniques plus their roles & purposes.
- Dealing with struggles and distractions during meditation and relaxation.
- How to find, build and develop a self-practice, and how to keep at it?
- Q&A and discussions
During the course and after each session, you will receive the audio recording of each technique we explored and practised. This collection of 10+ meditation techniques are yours for life so that you can use them at any time and in the comfort of your own home. As a supplement, each session will be explained in a simple and clear written handout.
You will leave the course with a strong foundation and comprehension of starting or continuing your meditation and inner-stillness journey. You will have a deeper understanding of how to safely use these techniques and the valuable tools you can use during your everyday life.
This course is for all levels, all traditions, teachers and therapists, or anyone interested in self-discoveries and finding peace.
For six weeks, participants will meet with Laurent once a week for a 75-minute class.
- Thursday 18th March 2021
- Thursday 25th March 2021
- Thursday 1st April 2021
- Thursday 8th April 2021
- Thursday 15th April 2021
- Thursday 22nd April 2021
6:30 to 7:45 pm
Laurent has been practising, studying, and teaching the different facets of yoga for over 20 years. His principal interests are to deeply explore the powers of breathwork and pranayama and the various ways to approach meditation and achieve peace and inner stillness. He is extremely grateful to all his past and present teachers and intellectual traditions who helped in his journey.
He is accredited as a senior teacher and a trainer with Yoga Alliance Professional UK.