6 to 10 years old – younger children are also welcome as long as there is an older sibling booked to attend the class and they will need to be accompanied by a parent or adult.
£5 per household (Classes will be limited to 12 households only for that personal connection).
Free if mum and dad are not working. Please contact us to request your voucher.Book Now
At a young age, Yoga and Mindfulness can provide an excellent activity for children’s growing minds and bodies.
During this 45min class Yoga and Mindfulness Class for Children, the emphasis is on creativity and spontaneous play. Laurent teaches traditional Yoga, Breathwork and Meditation in a playful and interactive way using exercises, music, games, storytelling etc.
On the mat, the children will learn the foundation of how to connect with their own energy and more importantly learn how to use these simple techniques during their busy days, after school time and at home, with their friends, siblings, parents, and families.
For the last 10 years, Laurent has been teaching Yoga & Mindfulness to children in schools and colleges as part of the day to day as well as during after school clubs. He is now excited and delighted to offer his teachings to the young yogis at home, online, in videos and in audios.
Parents are more than welcome to join in too if they wish – a lovely opportunity to practise yoga as a family and to do something more fun together than home schooling!
The benefits of this Yoga and Mindfulness Class for Children:
- Develops strength, flexibility, muscle tone and helps them to deal with growing pains.
- Helps them to relieve stress and manage anxiety.
- Teaches them to be in the present moment whilst relaxing and enjoying a peaceful state of mind.
- Helps them to get ready for a quiet night and sleep well.
- Increases concentration, awareness, and memory.
- Teaches them new skills, new ideas and new ethos.
- Builds their resilience and self-esteem.
- Teaches them discipline in a peaceful and fun way and how to deal with impulsivity.
Precautions, health, and safety
- Each child (parent) needs a non-slippery mat or surface to practise on.
- Socks should be avoided if the surface is slippery (wooden floor etc.)
- The practice space needs to be warm, calm, airy, open, and spacious.
- If the practice space is small, move away any furniture with sharp corners and hard edges.
- Each child should avoid practising on a full tummy.
- Each child should be well hydrated before the session.
- It is recommended to go to the loo before the session.
- Avoid any distraction and dangers by not having pets in the room during the session.
- Switch off TV or any other electrical devices, no music.
- Have a blanket and some cushions close by – and if needed, the favourite soft toy/companion for the relaxation part of the session.
- If the child has difficulty to sit on the floor, prepare a chair close by.
- If you would like to discuss your child’s needs, health condition or ailment before booking a class, please don’t hesitate to contact Laurent on email@example.com – he will be happy to help and support you further.